I'm such a Jenny Joiner.

How do you find out about new books to read?

I find a lot of them from what friends on BL and GR are reading, from groups and recommendations on GR, NetGalley and from sites like Cozy-Mystery.com.   But I have to say, the biggest source is my friends on Goodreads who read the same kinds of books that I read.

How did you get into reading?

My dad taught me to read when I was 3 and from then on, I was rarely seen without a book in my hand.  I was a hyperactive, impatient kid and reading was the only way to keep me quiet.  I had several teachers who would let me sit in a corner and read so I'd stop disrupting the class.

How have your tastes in books changed as you got older?

Not really, I've always loved mysteries.  I remember reading The Hardy Boys (never read Nancy Drew.  Couldn't stand her.) and Trixie Belden at a fairly young age (8? 9?)  and I would gravitate towards any book that would need a bit of tthinking or solving, like Encyclopedia Brown.

How often do you buy books?

Not  as often as I'd like, but it is one of my bigger expenses.

How did you get into reviewing books?

Wanting to voice my opinion on books, I guess.  Way back when on Amazon, before you could get samples,,  I started leaving reviews on books because it was frustrating that I there was no way to find out if a book was any good and why.

How do you react when you don’t like the end of a book?

How often do you take a sneak peek at the ending to see if there is a happy ending?

The only time I skip to the end is if the book has reached such a degree of inanity that I'm only interested in seeing whodunit.

Do you use bookmarks in your books?

I rarely read paper books.  I have vision problems that can't be corrected by glasses, so I can only comfortably read large print.   Since my library has a limited selection of large print books, I do 99% of my reading on a Kindle and I have to set the font size to it's highest level. Which brings me to a pet peeve: Dear Kindle publishers, don't indent text because on the highest font size, only 1 letter fits on a line.