Miss Seeton Draws The Line - Heron Carvic

I'm not really sure what to think about this book.  I haven't read any of the earlier books in the series, so this was my introduction to Miss Seeton.  The plot; solving the murders of several children and the possible link to post office robberies was enjoyable, as was the charming locale of a small village in England.

The dialogue is what kept me from enjoying the book.  In a few places, I had to re-read some passages several times just to understand what was being said.  And it wasn't the British accent that confused me, it just seemed like it was double talk.  An example; when Miss Seeton went to the Yard after drawing the 12 year old murder victim, there were 3 other people in the room and it was a round robin of who could confuse the conversation the most.  I found it pulled me from the story and diminished my enjoyment.

Overall, a fine plot marred by confusing dialogue.  It may appeal to people who enjoy older mysteries (the original book was written in the late 1960s) but just did not resonate with me.