Fatality by Firelight (A Cat Latimer Mystery) - Lynn Cahoon

See this review and more at Mystereity Reviews

Cat is hosting her second writers’ retreat at her B&B located in a small academic town of Aspen Hills, Colorado and hoping this retreat will be more tranquil than the first.  Her hopes are dashed when one of her guests comes under suspicion for the murder of local bad boy romeo Tommy. To complicate things, a mystery man shows up who seems to know too much about her, and a series of book thefts has everyone scratching their heads. There’s snow way Cat can’t just sit around, she’s out to solve the mystery!

Gliding down the slopes...blazing fires in the fireplace...the crunch of snow underfoot...steaming mugs of hot cocoa...the dead body in the hot tub - only Lynn Cahoon could make snowy Colorado a hot destination, even in the depths of winter! With several mysteries woven into one fast-paced plot, I was glued to the book until the very last page. I loved the action-packed plot - Stalkers! Murders! Kidnapping! Booknapping! *gasp* - all with so many twists and turns, it was like a cozy mystery slalom! The on-going mystery surrounding the death of Cat's ex-husband added a layer of intrigue and the mysterious stranger added a bit of spice to shake up Cat's comfortable life.

All in all, Fatality by Firelight is a thoroughly enjoyable and well-crafted mystery guaranteed to keep you guessing (and entertained!) While this book can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the first in the series to get the full backstory about Cat's ex-husband (and because it's a good book.)

Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for an advance copy of this book. This review is my honest, unsolicited opinion